Saturday, March 09, 2013

Thousand Foot Krutch Concert (2/22/13)

Hey everyone! Yeah, yeah, I know it's late to be blogging... but it's a Friday night, so it's all good, right? Anyway, I thought I'd take the opportunity to tell you guys about the Thousand Foot Krutch concert I went to a couple weeks ago. If you don't follow TFK, here's the basic, one sentence summary: They're on their War of Change tour with bands Love and Death, The Letter Black, and The Wedding. I was amazed when I saw my town on their list of shows (this is the first concert I have not had to over and hour to), so of course I had to go. My brother, Paul, my friend Patrick (he had gone to Uprise with us), and I went together, and it was a blast! So, if you're interested, click the jump to read more!







The Wedding went first, and I don't really remember anything the performed, unfortunately. After them, The Letter Black took the stage and performed a lot of songs I hadn't heard, except for one called "Hanging on by a Thread," which I used to listen to a lot. Their lead singer, Sarah Anthony, is amazing. She has a great voice, and she can scream too! I was super impressed by their performance that night.
Love and Death was the third band to perform, and I thought I had heard of them somewhere, but I never listened to any of their music. The night before, I had just YouTube'd a couple of their songs so I had a feel for what I was signing up for, haha. They opened with their song "Paralyzed," which was awesome. They also played other songs like "Chemicals," and "Whip it." The funniest part of their show was when the mic stand broke :P


Finally, Thousand Foot Krutch came out with "Let The Sparks Fly," which I wasn't really expecting them to start with, but oh well. I can't remember the order of the rest of the songs, but I do know they played a lot of songs from The End is Where We Begin, such as "Be Somebody," "War of Change," and "We Are." Trevor McNevan also gave a testimony partway through the concert and sang "So Far Gone," which was one of my favorite parts of the entire show. Seriously, you should watch the video for that song. It's amazing. I also finally got myself a TFK wristband. It's blue with black lettering and has the little logo and the band's name. I love it.

Anyway, that's my little blog post about the TFK concert! I'll be back again sometime soon to write about seeing Flyeaf live.

No comments:

Post a Comment